After an earthquake hit Nepal hard in April 2015 I have started a private donation campaign to support the Nepalese communities through a very close Nepalese friend who is also a yoga teacher. I have lived in Nepal in the year 2013 and was able to enjoy taking as well as giving Yoga classes in his Yoga studio and furthermore experiencing the wonderful country during Yoga Trekking Tours with him and his team. Due to our close bonding I could easily trust all money sent would be used 1:1 for their earthquake relief programme. I am over the moon by the empathy and the enormous donations that have come our way and that have helped to implement such incredible earthquake relief actions! A WHOLE HEARTEDLY THANK YOU TO ALL DONATORS!
"Thank you very much for your compassion and your support. It is a blessing to have so many incredibly supporting friends in the whole world. Thanks for all your donations and your continuous support, we have achieved far more than I ever dreamed would be possible". I can only join my friends' words who is the recipient of all our donated money and organiser of all earthquake relief help on the ground.
In total we have donated 9,235 Euros (1,023,029 Nepalese Ruppies; status 31 DEC 2015). A detailed report has been sent to all donators and is available for download upon double clicking above left Nepalese flag picture Never
End Peace And Love. Alternatively, all information can be downloaded in below marked relief report link. All information on income, expenses, achievements, projects and pictures from
28 APR - 31 DEC 2015 is stated in the report.
The following earthquake relief main achievements are:
- supply of tarpaulin to 657 families in 8 villages
- supply of food to 120 families in 3 villages
- supply of solar lanterns to 185 families in 5 villages
- relocation of 12 porter families from landslide risk areas to more secure grounds in Chisapani
- building of 12 sturdy and comfortable temporary tin homes for 12 porter families in Chisapani
- building and (re)opening of a temporary learning centre in replacement of a school for 120 children in Mahadev Kharka as well as the Shree Indrayeni Secondary School for 350 children in Muriya
- supply of basic school equipment (bags, paper books, pens, etc.) to all children
- supply of sports equipment, teaching charts, boards and learning games to the learning centre and the secondary school
- supply of tin for the building of a small medical treatment 'health clinic' of a local nurse in Mahadev Kharka
- supply of tin to further 28 porter families for shelter and roofing
- supply of tin to 138 families in 4 villages (Makwanpur & Dhading) for shelter and roofing
- organising of transport, treatment and rehabilitation costs for 2 injured
- training and building material for earthquake-proof sandsack houses